Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Worst Train Ride Ever

We arrived in Chiang Mai yesterday afternoon after 28 hours on the train. Nuri decided to cheap out and get the sleeper with a fan instead of a sleeper with A/C. It was a really bad mistake but he let me take the bunk with the window so I'm was able to sleep with the aid of Dramamine.

Chiang Mai is a totally different feel than Bangkok. It is much, much cleaner and more chilled out. It reminds me a lot of Banos, Ecuador, which is extremely tourist friendly.

I'm going to let Nuri blog about the amazing "Safari" we took last night but here's a quick update on today- I'm taking an all day cooking class with an old lady who was recommended. There are a bunch of touristy schools but I'm getting to be alone with her or maybe one other person and she is coming to pick me up on her scooter and take me to the market. We'll see how it goes!