Thursday, August 13, 2009

What up

I'm keeping this short, as I simply don't feel like writing much. (Nuri here.)

We just had a lovely couple of days in Ko Phi Phi, went on a full-day thing yesterday where I went snorkeling for the first time ever and some beautiful rainbow-colored fish and other great things. We also spent a bit of time at Bamboo Island, one of the most isolated and beautiful beaches ever. Then we went out to this bar run by this American from D.C. who used to work at Ernst and Young doing what sounds like really boring stuff and who told us he can never go back long-term -- "I mean, I haven't worn shoes in 2 years."

We're about to take a boat to Phuket, where we will stay the night before beginning our return -- first a flight to Bangkok Saturday morning, then to Taipei Saturday evening, then to JFK on Sunday, arriving late Sunday. Don't expect too much blogging between now and then. See everybody soon.

Also, ask me to explain "Same same but different" at some point. I have witty things to say about it, but it would take too long to type.

Later!