Monday, August 11, 2008

Before we paint the town red...

... a post from Nuri! While Erika was off dancing under waterfalls, I was nursing a mild sickness (back in check for now) and staying in bed until a wonderfully late hour. Iguazu, in addition to the fantastic waterfalls, is a great place to nap. And lying in a hammock under palm trees under a perfect blue sky listening to sub-tropical birds chirp is a fine vacation day any time. The downside is I failed, for the second out of 2 times, to watch an Argentina soccer match. I´ll try to watch their third opening round game against Serbia in a couple of days even though it´s meaningless and they will win, guaranteed. There´s a decent chance they play the US in the elmination-round quarterfinals, though, which I am pledging even harder than before to watch if it happens.

Yeah, Mendoza has this awesome mountain range overlooking it -- kind of reminds me of Brokeback Mountain, my only reference point for the American Rockies.

More later -- also, remind me to blog about mate, the thing Argentinians drink like it´s the air they breathe, next time. I´m holding each and every one of you accountable.

Hasta la vista! (that means "see you later" in Terminator.)