Monday, August 11, 2008

Arrivals and Departures


We just arrived in Mendoza, known for its wine and beautiful mountains. We left the warm and sunny Iguazu this afternoon and were excited to learn that Mendoza isn´t too cold, just kind of cold.

Yesterday I (Erika) went back to the falls for the 3rd time. I just couldn´t resist it. I walked the lower circuit which gives stunning panoramic views from below. Then I went to La Garganta again. This time there were no clouds in the sky and so the spray kept on creating full arc rainbows. It was majestic.
The day before, we did the upper circuit and the Macuco trail. The Macuco trail is quite long and there are much fewer people on it. We had a lot of time alone to just listen to the various animals and breath in the heavy air of the subtropical rainforest. We spotted a Tucan and a bizarre pig-rat thing. The end of the trail was a smaller waterfall (see above). I decided to climb about the rocks a little bit and ended up stranded on a big rock I jumped to. All the people there were starring at me and wondering what I was going to do. I made it back just fine.

We met a lovely couple from London in Iguazu and had a nice dinner with them last night. It´s fun to make trip-friends and now I have a place to stay in London whenever I go!

Nuri just came out of the shower so we are off to paint the town red!